- Tell me about your recent experience and background.
- Describe your dream job.
- How do you define the role of the Product Designer? Which parts of the product and process do you see as your responsibility and which are not?
- What's your greatest strength as it relates to this position? Or, what can you do for us that another Product Designer can't?
- What is your favorite part of your current job?
- What would you change about your current job, if you could?
- What do you know about this position/role?
- Why are you interested in this position?
- Do you consider yourself technically inclined? What's the most technically-challenging project you've tackled?
- If you had to pick one of the following as your greatest strength, what would it be: UX, Visual Design or Front-End Implementation?
- What tools do you use in a typical week?
- What product or service is your favorite example of an exceptional user experience?
- What inspires your thinking about design? What gets you most excited to create?
- Tell me about your current customers or clients. (How do you know they are your customers? How do you determine their needs? How you have met their needs? Who is your toughest customer and why?)
- What types of experiences have you had in talking with customers or clients? Tell me about a time when you had to communicate under difficult circumstances.
- Tell me about your typical design process or the one you've seen that produced the best results.
- Tell me about a time you were surprised by user reactions during user research.
- Tell me about a time you were surprised by data after launching a product.
- Do you have experience working on a mid-sized design team?
- Are you more comfortable designing on a team or solo?
- Tell me a little about your current team's structure.
- Do you have experience creating something completely from scratch - from ideation to interaction design to visual to code?
- Do you have experience working in an agile development environment?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the agile method?
- What is the best way for design to integrate into the agile process?
- Do you have an example of a time you didn’t make a deadline?
- What area of your professional work do you think needs the most improvement? What are you doing to improve it?
- Are you more interested in management or sticking with individual contribution (long-term)?
- How do you define the role of the Product Design Manager?
- What’s different about managing designers? Can you talk a little bit about the pitfalls of managing designers? How do you motivate designers?
- Managing Designers: How did you get into it? What do you like about it most and least?
- Design leadership across the company: what’s wrong with BuzzFeed from a customer and designer’s perspective?
- Examples of advocating for design and designers?
- How do you notice a designer is stagnating in the process?
- What do you look for when you’re hiring a designer?
- Have you ever had to fire a designer? Why? Did you hire them?
- What’s the biggest mistake you’ve made as a manager?
Questions for me?
Anything you want me to know that I haven’t covered?
Product design và tùm lum
Nhận bài viết mới nhất qua email hằng tuần để trở thành UI/UX & Product Designer tốt hơn.